[R] Sample size AUC for ROC curves

Karl Knoblick karlknoblich at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 11 14:50:18 CEST 2011

Thanks. Actually I thought of something like
Hanley JA, McNeil BJ. A method of comparing the areas under receiver operating
characteristic curves derived from the same cases. Radiology. 1983; 148:
839–843.
http://radiology.rsna.org/content/148/3/839.full.pdf+html

Has anybody R-code for this or something similar but newer?

The question is just easy - How many subjects do I need if I want to show that
my diagnostic test is not only a game of dice. Data for input are the epected
AUC, alpha and beta,....

Would be great if somebody has a solution!

Karl