[R] Missing datasets (2.13.1)

Sierra Bravo sierra1bravo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:33:14 CEST 2011

Dear all
How does one resolve the variance between the actual availability of data
sets in the default implementation with those mentioned in the
documentation?

I am unable to attach some of the datasets, even though help() is available
for the same datasets. For example, "ToothGrowth" is a dataset that is
widely mentioned in the documentation as being part of the base install.
help("ToothGrowth") does bring up help.

However, the dataset is missing from the install as I'm unable to attach()
it. (An aside: why is the data() command silent on a missing dataset ?
data("ToothGrowth") is silent, whereas attach("ToothGrowth") fails loudly).

Where can I locate and integrate the missing datasets into my base install?

TIA/cheers

s.b.