[R] Repeated measures cummulative logit mixed model

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Aug 16 15:07:28 CEST 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 6:36 AM, Jim Trabas wrote:

> Dear R help gurus,
>

> I have the following problem and I would be delighted if you could
> help me.
>
>> From a large (1500) cohort of patients we have been taking some
>> measurements
> (ECG measurements, but its not important). The measurements are
> ordinal in 4
> grades (Grade I-IV, grade IV being the most severe form). Every
> patients has
> been measured several times (usually once per year). The follow-ups
> are
> different for each patient (ranging from days to several years),
> thus some
> patients have only 1 measurement and some have several. A patient
> can shift
> from Grade to Grade, that is a patient can be measured now as Grade
> I and
> later as Grade II and then at then next measurement he can return to
> Grade
> I.

This should probably be followed up on the mixed models SIG list.

(Using Baron's RSiteSearch page.)

Search results with : repeated "proportional odds logistic"

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/repolr/html/00Index.html
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/99576.html

Search results with: repeated "ordered logit"

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/ordinal/doc/primer.pdf

That last one has citations to Agresti articles, which means it may
have useful termininogy to be used in searching the very informative
Thompson/Agresti compendium of R methods:

https://home.comcast.net/~lthompson221/Splusdiscrete2.pdf

The mixed-models SIG would seem to be a natural place to look and for
that I use the advanced search panel fpr google to construct this
search of its archives:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=repeated+logit+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fstat.ethz.ch%2Fpipermail%2Fr-sig-mixed-models

(I did trim some of the trailing bits that seemsed superfluous.)

--
David.