[R] PBSmapping, where is Ireland?!

Ewan Minter ejam at liv.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 14:57:24 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I've been using 'PBSmapping' to make a map of Europe with some labels. I've
been using the 'worldLL' PolyData, as my computer is too slow to make my own
from the GSHHS files.

The only problem is this PolyData does not seem to include Ireland. I have
no idea why this should be so, other European islands such as Sardinia etc.
are included. http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3747120/map1.jpeg

The code I've been using is:

data(worldLL)
plotMap(worldLL, polyProps=NULL, xlim=c(-20,36.5), ylim=c(30,71),
projection=1, plt=c(0.16, 0.97, 0.16, 0.97) ,col=0,bg=0)

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Ewan