[R] Unusual separators

Matt Curcio matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:02:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,
I have a list that I got from a web page that I would like to crunch.
Unfortunately, the list has some unusual separators in it.  I believe
the columns are separated by 1 space and 1 tab.  I tried to insert
this into the read.table( ..., sep=" \t", ...) but got an error that
said something like 'only one byte separators can be used.
I have thought about using a gsub to 'swap out' the "space + tab" and
replace it with commas, etc but thought there might be another way.
Any suggestions?

Matt Curcio
M: 401-316-5358
E: matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com