[R] Help with calc_sde

Sidhu Sabeena (ROYAL SURREY COUNTY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) sabeena.sidhu at nhs.net
Wed Aug 17 10:19:53 CEST 2011

I cannot seem to get this to work? I have weighted data points that I want to fit an sd-ellipse to, but the ellipse is not right? I have attached a .tiff of what I get.
I'm wondering if it's not looking at my actual data, but taking the data from the example? I ask this because I don't know where "Title" comes from in the graph?
Also, I want to put calcentre=FALSE, but if I do this I get the following error:
                 Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :
                 arguments imply differing number of rows: 10, 0
I want the weighted mean centre of the ellipse, not the mean centre.
Can you tell me what is going on and why it isn't calculating the proper ellipse? I'm going to start crying soon.

Sabeena

library(xlsReadWrite)
Low <- read.xls('LowEB.xls')
attach(Low)
Lwts <- read.xls('LowWtsEB.xls')
attach(Lwts)
cE.add <- c(0.16,1.00,0.42,0.17,0.11,0.49,0.28,0.20,0.45,0.23)
library(aspace)

x11()
plot(x =Low[,1], y = Low[,2], type = 'p', pch = 16, col = 'darkgoldenrod1', cex = 2*cE.add,xlim=c(2,10),ylim=c(40,105))

calc_sde(id=4, filename="EBLOW_Output.txt", centre.xy=NULL, calccentre=TRUE,
weighted=TRUE, weights=Lwts, points=Low, verbose=TRUE)

plot_sde(plotnew=FALSE, plotSDEaxes=FALSE, plotcentre=FALSE,plotweightedpts=FALSE,plotpoints=FALSE,sde.col='darkgoldenrod1',sde.lwd=2)

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail