[R] some questions about stepwise cox regression model and heterogeneity in survival analysis

asaki1986 asakiayumikio at 163.com
Fri Aug 19 18:19:03 CEST 2011

Hello, all users here:

      Recently i am doing a project of survival analysis. I collect the
characteristics of patients and have got some factors which are related with
the cancer.

      When i come to overcome relations between genotypes (Snps) and
survival time via stratified analysis, i come across the problem of how to
use coxph(survival package) to performe multivariate cox regression analysis
with adjustment for some potential confounders. I have not found any
suggestions of the survival package manual.

      And when i want to calculate the heterogeneity between genotypes and
other stratified factors, i can not find something command like this (only
survdiff for log-rank test, but no command for heterogeneity test).

      At last, stepwise cox regression need to use a significance level of
0.05 for entering and 0.10 for removing the explanatory variables. First how
can i do stepwise cox regression analysis using survival package. And how
can i limit  the significance level?

    Could anyone here offer me the solution? Thank a lot, it will be
appreciate of your kindly answers!