[R] How to extract smoothed plot data?

derek jan.kacaba at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 12:57:56 CEST 2011

Dear R,

I have this script which from my data points creates smoothed plot:

require(graphics)
require(stats)
A=read.table("some.txt",header =FALSE,sep = "", dec = ",",fileEncoding = "",
encoding = "unknown", skip=18,nrows=400)
attach(A)
plot(A$V1, A$V2,col="white")
lines(smooth.spline(A$V1, A$V2,spar=0.4),col="green",lwd=3)

I would like to export points coordinates from smoothed plot to file, so
that I can then use new data for further analysis. In other words to pipe
defined sequence of x coordinates and corresponding y values to file.