[R] Sweave doesn't work

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:14:20 CEST 2011

Hi Eik,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM, Eik Vettorazzi
<E.Vettorazzi at uke.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Hi Daniele,
> "_" in "dati_england" is treated as a special character in LaTeX math
> mode and causes your LaTeX-compiler trying to switch to math mode (you
> might have noticed a warning abaout "missing `$' inserted"). To produce
> a plain "_" in TeX you have to mask it as "\_". Package Hmisc has some

This is true in the regular environment, but should not be true for
code.  Think about all the special characters encountered in R code---
$, quotes, _ ^.  The following minimal document compiles fine on my
system:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{Sweave}
\begin{document}
\section{Example showing underscores works fine inside an Schunk}
\begin{Schunk}
\begin{Sinput}
data<-
read.csv("c:\\Users\\Daniele\\Desktop\\dati\\dati_england.csv",header=T,sep=",")
\end{Sinput}
\end{Schunk}
\end{document}

producing the attached PDF.

My system:

R Under development (unstable) (2011-08-13 r56733)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

Version 0.3 r.670 (MiKTeX 2.9)

Josh