[R] automatic file input

Bansal, Vikas vikas.bansal at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 19:25:36 CEST 2011

Because i have to use the value of i in for loop also.example-

 for(i in 1:100){

 df=read.table($i.out,fill=T,colClasses = "character")
if(i<=50){
 df$V6 <- sapply(df$V6, function(a)
  paste(as.integer(charToRaw(a)), collapse = ' '))}
else{
 df$V5 <- sapply(df$V6, function(a)
  paste(as.integer(charToRaw(a)), collapse = ' '))}
}
 so what I was thinking that if i will use paste, then it is working

 for(i in 1:100){

 df=read.table(paste(i),fill=T,colClasses = "character")
if(i<=50){
 df$V6 <- sapply(df$V6, function(a)
  paste(as.integer(charToRaw(a)), collapse = ' '))}
else{
 df$V5 <- sapply(df$V6, function(a)
  paste(as.integer(charToRaw(a)), collapse = ' '))}
}

This works perfect for me.But I have to change my file names from 1.out to 1 and 2.out to 2 etc.because when i used -

 df=read.table(paste(i.out),fill=T,colClasses = "character")
then it is not working.

Thanking you,
Warm Regards
Vikas Bansal