[R] debugging functions in R

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:29:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Eran Eidinger <eran at taykey.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right list to ask this question (though I did
> not find a more appropriate one).
> I've started using R a month ago, and small scripts work fine. However, when
> I start writing more complex code, it gets messy.
>
> 1. Is there any way to debug "normally", with breakpoints?
>

> fortune('browser')

My solution when I run into mysteries like this is to put 'browser()' in the
function just before or after the line of interest. The magnitude and direction
of my stupidity usually become clear quickly.
   -- Patrick Burns
      R-help (February 2006)

Use browser() to inspect the environment and execute the code one step
at a time.
Liviu