[R] R (&stats) newcomer.... help!

geigercounter120 geigercounter120 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 16:24:00 CEST 2011

Many thanks for your response.

unfortunately, it appears that I'm the closest thing in the vicinity to a
local expert (chilling times indeed...), but i will certainly look at the
booklist

in terms of the number of data points, we have:
two shores,
three treatments,
three replicates of each treatment (arranged in a randomised block design),
Shore A housed 6 species (total of 54 samples)
Shore B housed 4 species (total of 36 samples)

I do wish to treat each species as a separate comparison, so will look at
nlme for more info of how to do this.

many thanks again.