[R] unused argument(s) (Header = True) help!

shardman samuelhardman at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:10:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm really new to R so I aoplogise if this is a stupid question.

I'm trying to import data from a .txt file into R using the read.table
command, the headers for the data columns are already in the text file so I
add Header = True after the file location. The problem is I keep getting the
error message *unused argument(s) (Header = True)*, does anyone know why?

The format of the text file is like this (I've also tried spaces rather than
tab to seperate the columns):

TRAP	SHANNON_INDEX
1	3.347
2	3.096
3	3.521
4	2.871
5	2.678

The commond looks like this:

Trap1_data<-read.table("C:/Documents and
Settings/Samuel/Desktop/Biology/Independent study/Stats/Diversity
indices/shannon index results trap 1.txt", Header = True)

I would reall appreciate some help,
Yours,
Sam