[R] Package missForest changes data types?

nima82 nima.mehrafshan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:54:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to impute a data set consisting of mixed type variables, mostly
logical, but also ordered and non-ordered factors, and numeric variables
with the missForest package. Although the help file of missForest states
that the resulting data matrix 'ximp' has the same type as the original data
'xmis', the ximp I get has all numeric variables with decimal numbers. Has
someone any explanations for this behavior? Can the data types of ximp be
controlled? If not, is there an easy way to coerce the variables back to
their original data types by rounding to the nearest levels of the factors?

Thanks

Nima