[R] Very Basic Source Question

Scott ncbi2r at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:38:34 CEST 2011

>I'm trying to do is get comfortable with 'source' and run "source(C:/Program
Files (x86)/Eclipse/eclipse/ProjectName/SourceFile.R)".

I'm not familiar with StatET/Eclipse IDE so this attempted answer might be
way off mark.

I'd be guessing it probably relates to quotation symbols in the correct
location as shown here.

source("mydir/directory with spaces/dir1/filename.r")

This is because of the spaces in the directory names you find in windows.
You could try a location on the C drive that doesn't have any spaces as part
of your problem solving. Folders like "Program Files" and "Documents and
Settings" can be handled properly though by R on windows, I'm just giving
you a possible second step to think about.