[R] Add lines to xy plot with temporal x axis

chirleu villegas at iim.csic.es
Fri Aug 26 17:35:39 CEST 2011

Hi. I'm trying to add some vertical lines to an xyplot in which x axis is a
temporal variable (class=dates) and y axis a factor variable.

This is my code:

xyplot(factor(Abacus$Emisor)~Abacus$Dia,xlab="Date", ylab="Fish",pch=124,
scales=list(x=list(format="%b %Y",tick.number=30))
, panel=function(...){
		panel.xyplot(...)
		panel.abline(v=08/08/2008)
	})

I'd expect a vertical line in the date 08/08/2008 but nothing is drawn.
Also, I tried with an horinzontal line got no result...

Any help please??

Thanks