[R] Error: package 'lsei' is not installed for 'arch=i386'

MK mkao006 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:51:47 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I am having problem loading a package that I have installed. I have searched
some old thread but they were no help in terms of solving the problem.

I uninstalled every possible component of R and installed R 2.13 and
followed the R-faqs installation steps. Then I installed the package (lsei)
from local zip file which was installed successfully but can not be loaded
and returns the error message as titled. The zip file can be downloaded
below, it used to work fine on my old version of R (I think it was 2.9).

http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~yongwang/

I've check .libPaths() as some suggested and remove the copy in the first
directory but that was the only copy that I have on the machine.

Can someone give me a direction on how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
MK

R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(lsei)
Error in library(lsei) : there is no package called 'lsei'
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'lsei' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> library(lsei)
Error: package 'lsei' is not installed for 'arch=i386'
> .libPaths()
[1] "C:/Users/user/R/win-library/2.13"    "C:/Program
Files/R/R-2.13.1/library"