[R] Exception while using NeweyWest function with doMC

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:24:52 CEST 2011

Simon,

Though we're please to see another use of bigmemory, it really isn't
clear that it is gaining you
anything in your example; anything like as.big.matrix(matrix(...))
still consumes full RAM for both
the inner matrix() and the new big.matrix -- is the filebacking really
necessary.  It also doesn't
appear that you are making use of shared memory, so I'm unsure what
the gains are.  However,
I don't have any particular insight as to the subsequent problem with
NeweyWest (which doesn't
seem to be using the big.matrix objects).

Jay

Message: 32