[R] Programming examples added to r4stats.com

Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) muenchen at utk.edu
Wed Aug 31 14:01:38 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I now have programming examples for common research tasks done in R, SAS, SPSS and Stata at http://r4stats.com.  The examples fall into the following categories:

Data Import & Export
Data Management
Enhancing Output
Graphics, ggplot2
Graphics, Traditional
Selecting Variables and Observations
Statistics

For the graphics examples, I got lazy and only show the R code done two ways.

All the examples are from the books "R for SAS and SPSS Users" and "R for Stata Users." They've been downloadable with their practice data sets for a few years, but it's much easier to just to pop over there to find one thing on a web page than it is to download the whole set and sift through them. The second edition of R for SAS and SPSS Users should print tomorrow. The web site also shows the new topics in that edition under "What's New". We'll add those to the second edition of "R for Stata Users" but that won't happen until after a few other projects wrap up.

Cheers,
Bob

  Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
  Research Computing Support
  Voice: (865) 974-5230
  Email: muenchen at utk.edu
  Web:   http://oit.utk.edu/research,