[R] : reshape/aggregate

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Aug 31 14:38:51 CEST 2011

Hi

> The plyr solution is:
>
> library(plyr)
> ddply(dfx,  .(group, time), summarize, mean = mean(value), sd =
sd(value))

I tried to do the task by ddply but I had difficulties to understand the
correct syntax. Maybe in next issue of plyr summarise could be referenced
in ddply help page.

Or add something like:

When performing summary values for a data frame according to levels of a
factor you shall use syntax
ddply(.data, .variables, summarise, .fun, ...)

Regards
Petr