[R] combining arima and ar function

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 22:10:21 CET 2011

I think your attachment got scrubbed so I can't verify this, but i
think the difficulty is that the "inner" apply returns a whole set of
orders, instead of just one and that throws arima off: would this
work?

getOrder <- function(x) ar(na.omit(x), method = "mle")$order

all.equal(apply(TSX, 2, getOrder), apply(TSX,2, function(x)
ar(na.omit(x),method="mle")$order) # Verify it works.

apply(TSX,2,function(x)arima(x,order=c(getOrder(x),0,0))$residuals

Michael