[R] how to get inflection point in binomial glm

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Fri Dec 2 09:19:36 CET 2011

René,

Yes, to fit a re-parameterized logistic model I think you'd have to code the whole enchilada yourself, not relying on glm (but not nls() as nls() deals with least squares minimization whereas here we want to minimize a minus log binomial likelihood).

I did that and have the re-parameterized logistic model in a package I wrote for a colleague (this package has the logistic fit fully functional and documented).
My code though only considers one continuous predictor.

If you want I may email you this package and you figure out how to deal with the categorical predictor.
One thing I believe at this point is that you'd have to do the inference on the continuous predictor _conditional_ on certain level(s) of the categorical predictor.

Rubén