[R] Data Analysis for Gas Prices

inferno846 robertf at uoregon.edu
Sat Dec 3 23:11:39 CET 2011

Hi there,

I'm looking to analyze a set of data on local gas prices for a single day.
I'm wondering what kind of questions I should be looking to ask and how to
find and answer to them with R. Examples would be:

Do prices differ between brands?
Does location affect (NE, NW, SE, SW) price?
Does the number of nearby (within .25 miles) competitors affect price?
Do gas stations near shopping centers or highways have different prices?

Also, could anyone help me figure out how to import a data table to R? When
I try to create a .txt file from a word document and read it in R, the
format of the first column always messes up. Any/all help is appreciated.