[R] Persp3d freezes when run from within Python

wchips wchips at y7mail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:10:43 CET 2011

Thanks Duncan. The thing is, if you want to display a static R graph using
Rpy2 you need to bring your Python program to a halt immediately after
printing the graph to screen using something like:

raw_input("Press any key to continue ...")

, otherwise it flashes up on the screen for a fraction of a second and then
disappears. I assume this is one and the same issue.. That being, that R is
somehow opened and then _closed_ after each instruction when using Rpy2. So
whilst "pausing" Python might give you a "snapshot" of the 3d graph, it
doesn't give you dynamic interactivity. I just need to find a way to keep R
running in the background when I execute that command.

Again, if anyone has had the same problem throw me a line! Or other
suggestions are also welcome.

cheers,
chips