[R] how to view/edit large matrix/array in R?

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Tue Dec 6 11:03:27 CET 2011

Le lundi 05 décembre 2011 à 19:01 -0600, Michael a écrit :
> head, tail and fix commands don't really work well if I have large
> matrix/array for which I would like to be able to scroll up and dow, left
> and right ...
>
> Could anybody please help me?
RKWard has a good data editor, and you can open several objects at the
same time in tabs. But it will not probably work if your data set is
really huge (here it works very well with a few thousand rows, though).

If you need to see a selection of variables in parallel, ordering the
variables so that they're next to each other is probably a good
solution.

Cheers