[R] Read Windows BMP format images

Dr Gregory Jefferis jefferis at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 13:14:11 CET 2011

Answering my own question in case it is of help to anyone else in future:

On 6 Dec 2011, at 09:20, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> Does anyone know of an R package that can read Windows BMP format images? Many thanks,

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/EBImage.html
https://github.com/jefferis/bmp

EBimage appears to be the best (and very mature) solution that does a great deal else besides, but I had trouble with the ImageMagick dependency on one of the machines that I was targeting.

The bmp package is just something that I hacked together quickly in pure R (no external dependencies).

Best,

Greg.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD