[R] PCA on high dimentional data

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 19:40:19 CET 2011

On Dec 10, 2011 at 5:56pm deb wrote:

> My question is, is there any way I can map the PC1, PC2, PC3 to the
> original conditions,
> so that i can still have a reference to original condition labels after
> PCA?

deb,

To add to what Stephen has said. Best to do read up on principal component
analysis. Briefly, each PCA is composite variable, composed of different
"amounts" of each and every one of your column variables, i.e. cond1, ...,
cond1000.

So the short answer to your question is no. There is no way to do this
mapping, except as loadings on each principal component (PC).

Regards, Mark.

-----
Mark Difford (Ph.D.)
Research Associate