[R] Kaplan-Meier survfit problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 02:01:20 CET 2011

On Dec 11, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Esteban Cervetto wrote:

> 2011/12/11 Esteban Cervetto <estebancster at gmail.com>
>
>> I am working with uncensored data.
>>
>> I have duration of workers compensation. Then I have for each the
>> number
>> of days thet it doesn't work.
>> This sample is not censored at right because I query only work
>> accidents
>> with date of return of work (saned)
>>
>> That is because I have only one vector: the number of days that the
>> worker
>> doesn't work.
>> Reading works that uses this library, noticed that it need's a
>> vector to
>> mark the type of termination. That is because I did a formula  Y(x)
>> = 1
>> as.numeric(T.**201110))~1
>>
>> Your words were inspired me to do this: I solvet it putting to T.
>> 201110
>> this proper vector and a vector of ones.
>>

>    T.201110$censor <- apply(T.201110,1,function(row) 1)    ##is
> there a
> best method to do that? it takes much time
>
>    I believe that this vector is superfluous, because the result of
> the
> formula is ever 1

You may be correct. The help page for Surv says "Although unusual, the
event indicator can be omitted, in which case all subjects are assumed
to have an event."

>> km1<-survfit(Surv(T.201110$dias,T.201110$censor)~1)
>>

>> 2011/12/10 David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>
>>

>>> On Dec 10, 2011, at 6:39 PM, capitantyler wrote:
>>>
>>> done it, again, i have the next problem

If you are adding the "**" for emphasis, it is certainly confusing my
understanding of what your original code was, which i'm now wondering
you ever provided. Perhaps it was the lack of a data argument. Hard to
tell.

This "works":

--
David