[R] littler: Use for batch processing of data sets: How to pass filename?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 12 11:26:33 CET 2011

Dear R folks,

I have several data sets I want to process automatically using R. I
found littler [1] and thought this will do the trick.

1. Read in data file to a data frame using `scan()`.
2. Do linear regression.
3. Write the data and the coefficients back to a file.

        #!/usr/bin/env r

        if (is.null(argv) | length(argv)!=1) {

          cat("Usage: auswertung.r datafile \n")
          q()

        }

        filename <- as.character(argv[1])

        d = data.frame(x=scan("/tmp/data"))
        write(sum(d$x), "/tmp/data.result", ncolumns=1)

Could someone help me how I can substitude `/tmp/data` with the value
stored in `filename`? I do not get it to work using `do.Call` or
`paste()`.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://code.google.com/p/littler/