[R] Variables from a Dataframe

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Dec 12 21:33:45 CET 2011

I would recommend using data.frame(var1, var2, ...)
and not cbind.data.frame(var1, var2, ...).  I consider
it bad form to directly call a method of a generic function.
Sometimes it leads to errors, as a method should be
free to assume that its inputs are of the class it
was declared to accept.   In the particular case of
cbind.data.frame, I think it just calls data.frame.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com