[R] Binning a 2 column matrix by avarages of rows.

ali_protocol mohammadianalimohammadian at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:47:42 CET 2011

Newbie here.  Many apologies in advance for using the incorrect lingo.
I'm new to statistics and VERY new to R.
I have a "nx2" matrix , I want to sort the values based on the average of 2
columns and put k lowest (or highest) values in bin1, second k high/low
values in bin2, and so on (bins would be of the same dimensions). I should
also know what the first index (or position) of the pair has been.

car-1	29	30
car-2	22	24
car-3	16	16
car-4	41	41