[R] How can I index multiple linear models? (Without getting a warning.)

BSanders adam at mycostech.com
Tue Feb 1 07:25:18 CET 2011

My code looks like this:

lin = NA

for(i in 1:15){
lin[i] = lm(reservesub[,3]~ reservesub[,i+3])
}

For which I'm given 15 warning messages which say :

"1: In lin[i] = lm(reservesub[, 3] ~ reservesub[, i + 3]) :
  number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length"

I'm am able to generate the 15 different models and get the coefficients. I
am able to access
each coefficient, for example , the slope of the third model can be called
using lin[[3]][2], which is helpful, but none of the other objects that go
along with the linear model, like residuals, are accessible (for me.)

I feel like I'm missing something kind of fundamental here, but I can't put
my finger on it.

Thanks in advance.

Barry Sanders.