[R] p value for joint probability

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Feb 1 21:10:31 CET 2011

And the answer is the same as Peter gave below.  The theoretical probability of a specific pair of numbers occurring in your example is zero.  So, I will ask Peter's question differently (although his question was a good one).  What is your interest in doing these plots?  What are you trying to understand?  Are you just trying to learn how do this "joint probability" plot for use on data where there is a non-zero probability of pairs of numbers occurring?   Equiring minds would like to know.  :-)

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204