[R] "each" argument in rep (Bug?)

Peter Alspach Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz
Wed Feb 2 00:24:21 CET 2011

Tena koe

?rep states that each is a non-negative integer.  Note, integer not a vector.

Thus, rep(1:3, each=c(2,1,2)) only uses the first element in each and is equivalent to rep(1:3, each=2).  One could argue there should be a warning (as there is for some functions is similar situations), but I don't see that it is a bug or undocumented (although the documentation is subtle).

HTH ....

Peter Alspach.