[R] slightly off topic...

Claudia Beleites cbeleites at units.it
Thu Feb 3 08:24:19 CET 2011

>> The fact that the attachment to someone with a .de domain has them labeled
>> mit de Wort "Teil" suggests that the labeling is being done at the final
>> destination, since the server is set up with English messages.
>
> wie er scharfsinnig bemerkte[1]
:-)

Looking at the ASCII version of one such email reveals:
- the part or Teil is how my thunderbird (English at work, German at home)
announces the parts of multipart emails. Neither "part 1.2" nor "Teil 1.2" is
written anywhere in the source.

- the r-help list footer somehow ended up as separate part of the email

Cheers,

Claudia

--
Claudia Beleites
Dipartimento dei Materiali e delle Risorse Naturali

phone: +39 0 40 5 58-37 68
email: cbeleites at units.it