[R] glmnet with binary predictors

sambit rath kafkasbane at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 10:58:13 CET 2011

Hi Everybody!

I must start with a declaration that I am a sparse user of R. I am
creating a credit scorecard using a dataset which has a variable
depicting actual credit history (good/bad) and 41 other variables of
yes/no type. The procedure I am asked to follow is to use a penalized
logistic procedure for variable selection. I have located the package
"glmnet" which gives the complete elasticnet regularization path for
logistic models. I want some help in setting up the process.

Can someone point out the basic steps?

Thanks

Sambit