[R] looping variable names

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 11:48:42 CET 2011

Hello I would like to ask you if I can use the same method but for functions. That means that I want not to assign some value but a function.
So is it possible to try something like that:

for (i in 1:10)  for (j in 1:10) assign(paste("var",i,j,sep=""),myfunction)

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

best Regards
Alexandros