[R] My own distribution in survreg function

spooky katerina.konarikova at seznam.cz
Thu Feb 3 19:08:26 CET 2011

Hello,

I´m trying to do some analysis using survreg function.  I need to implement
there my own distribution with density:

 lambda*exp(-lambda*y),  where     y = a1/(1+exp(-a2*x)).
a1, a2 are unknown parameters and x >0.

I need to get estimates of a1 and a2 (and lambda of course)
I’m really not good at programming.

Is there any way how to implement this distribution to survreg without ‘big
programming skills’?  Can anyone tell me how to enter unknown parameters
without giving them any exact initial value?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Katerina Konarikova