[R] spline interpolation

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 19:13:33 CET 2011

> Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:08:43 +0100
> From: cbeleites at units.it
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] spline interpolation
>
> Hi,
>
> Just pure curiosity:
> may I ask why you want to do spline interplation on fluorescence intensity as
> function of concentration?
> Particularly as it looks quite typical for an unknown problem's calibration plot?

I would mention of course the suggestions given are not typically the end of the story.
Instead of a bunch of splines, you may get a better result by writing a differential
equation for the kinetics of the system you have, setting time derivatives to zero, and try to
estimate things like lifetime-concentration combinations. Is that your point or you
think this is a homework problem LOL?