[R] Image to plot

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 08:37:49 CET 2011

Dear all I would like to plot the contents of a matrix as an Image. I found this code here http://www.phaget4.org/R/image_matrix.html but this is not only what I want. Instead of having inside every cell the color of the cell it would be nice to have also the arithmetic value over the background color.

Having only the color sometimes does not make it clear to understand what is the value each cell has .. so I was thinking to combine colors and text inside every cell.

I would like to thank you in advance for your help
Best Regards
Alex.