[R] [R-pkgs] R package hypred: Simulation of genomic data in applied genetics

Frank Technow Frank.Technow at uni-hohenheim.de
Fri Feb 4 09:23:18 CET 2011

Dear useRs,

I am glad to announce that the new R package "hypred", initial version
0.1, is now available on CRAN.

"hypred" is a package for simulating high-density SNP data. Its main
function, "hypredRecombine" is intended to be used as a "Software tool"
in larger programs that simulate complex populations.

  The focus of the package is on producing data for genomic applications
in applied genetics
(such as genomic selection/prediction), but I expect that it can be
useful in related fields as well.

Please see the included vignette and the manual for more details.

Don't hesitate sending bug reports; and I would appreciate receiving
some comments and feedback from users.

Best regards

Frank.

--