[R] Creating a list of lists / hclust elements

Lui ## lui.r.project at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:45:37 CET 2011

Dear group,

I am currently struggling with the following problem for a while:

I want to create a list whose elements consists of lists themselves.
More concise: The list elements are HCLUST objects. However, when I
try to append the HCLUST objects to my list via:

cluster_list <- append(cluster_list, HCLUSTobject)

the HCLUST object is appended - but not as an object but as its
components. So cluster_list[[1]] will not return the HCLUST object,
but the first element of the first cluster object. So the list is
appended to the list, but instead of appending "the object", its
individual components are added...

Does anybody have an idea how I can solve this?

Thanks!

Lui