[R] waveThresh plot axis

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:49:11 CET 2011

> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:49:54 +0100
> From: eva.ampe at gmail.com
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] waveThresh plot axis
>
> Dear,
>
> I am using WaveTresh for Haar Wavelets. It works all fine exept when I
> want to adjust the axis on the wavelet coefficient plot:
>
> input: wlh_ponds<-wd(input_waves[,1], family="DaubExPhase",filter.number=1)
> plot: plot(wlh_ponds,scaling="by.level")
>
> My problem is twofold=
> -I want the original x-axis of the data on that plot, not 1/2 of the
> axis. This would make my plot more clear for comparison with the
> original data series.
>
> -I want to cut of a part of the graph because I added columns with 0's
> to make my series 2^n. Now I want to cut them of again.
>
> It may look like a simple problem, but things like "xlim" don't work
> with this kind of plot.

I just ran into this with dates and I finally had to just use "which" on the
input data with an expression for the xlim values, d[which( d>xi)&(d<xf)) ]
for example. The plot documentation seems to refer to use of raw data range
instead of xlim for figuring label params. Is there an implemented option
to change this?