[R] please help-DTK package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 14:03:23 CET 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 3:24 AM, Lathouri, Maria wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am trying to do a multiple pairwise comparison test with Tukey-
> Kramer test as I have unequal sample sizes and variance. I have
> downloaded the DTK package from CRAN website in my computer for
> Windows, however I have difficulties in installing it in R.
>
> I have unzipped the compressed file in my computer and then I open
> R, I try to install the package through File - Source R code - DTK
> but there is always an error.

Yes? An error? So what is the error?  (Please now take the time to
read the Posting Guide which it appears you have skipped over.)

> Could you please help me? I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

Not posting enough information. If and only if the package needs to be
compiled (which is currently in doubt) then you need the proper Tools
to do so. If it's a binary package, it needs to be "installed". I
don't have a Windows copy or R, but things I read in the Windows RFAQ
make me think there _should_ be a Packages Menu and that your using
the File menu may be your primary error:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT