[R] How to find the right devices in a minimum number of boxes

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 8 13:49:45 CET 2011

Hello,

with the following post, I don't expect a solution (I have not usable
example) but some keywords to find the right package and/or functions to
solve my problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ptit Bleu.

PS : but if you have the solution, of course, it is ok for me :-)

Here is an example of my problem:

I have 5000 devices in 40 boxes. Devices can have 4 different values (V1,
V2, V3, V4) and their serial number can be separated in 3 catgeories (C1,
C2, C3).

I want to try to find 10 devices in total (not 20) matching the following
criteria:

3 devices with V1
1 device with V2
4 devices with v3