[R] Fitting a model with an offset in bigglm

Richard Jacques R.Jacques at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 15:16:09 CET 2011

Dear all,

I have a large data set and would like to fit a logistic regression
model using the bigglm function.  I need to include an offset in the
model but when I do this the bigglm function seems to ignore it.

For example, running the two models below produces the same model and
the offset is ignored

bigglm(y~x,offset=z,data=Test,family=binomial(link = "logit"))
bigglm(y~x,data=Test,family=binomial(link = "logit"))

Is it possible to fit an offset using bigglm? And if so, what am I doing
wrong?

Thanks,

Richard

--