[R] Plot colour according to column

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:20:37 CET 2011

Hi Anoop,

Not sure whether it's too late for you, but is this along the lines of
what you want?:

x<-0:1000
y<-sin(x/500)+rnorm(1001)/10
z<-cos(x/500)+rnorm(1001)/100
plot(x,y,col=rgb(1,(z-min(z))/(max(z)-min(z)),0))

Or possibly like:

plot(x,y,col=rainbow(256)[255*(z-min(z))/(max(z)-min(z))])

Mind that the binning could be done a bit more conscientious ;)

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM, anoopmj <anoopmj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks a lot for the response. I finally decided to do it with ggplot2
> library, qplot and layers. It works pretty well, although I did not know how
> to get the time working... so thanks!
>
> Anoop
> --

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands