[R] problem with R (akima, fUtilities) in Ubuntu 10.04

Željka zloncaric at biologija.unios.hr
Thu Feb 10 16:46:00 CET 2011

Dear all!

I'm using R 2.12.1 in Ubuntu 10.04.
Problem is that when using functions like interp (package akima) and
akimaInterp (package fUtilities), I get different results every time for
the same data set. I've checked the interpolated results, and two
examples (in attachment) have different sum of NA values. Also when I
subtract the x,y,z values from two interpolations of the same data set,
I don't get zero values. It seems that every time I run my script,
interpolation is preformed differently. Since I have same problem with
different packages I suppose that there is problem with R in Ubuntu.
I don't have the same problem with scripts when running them in R in
Windows7.

Also, sometimes on the graphs appears white line across the image, and
it has nothing to do with image resolution.
Can you please tell me is it a bug in those packages, or is there some
different problem.

Thx!