[R] fitdistr question

Antje Niederlein niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 11 09:58:15 CET 2011

Hi Ingmar, hi Dennis,

okay, you're right. I was expecting that the result would give the
best fit to my data even if it's not a real poisson distribution. It
looks somehow similar...
But how to judge the goodness of fit? I was using the residual sum of
squares. I'm not a statistician, so I'm not sure whether this method
is the one to choose...
If I estimate lambda with mle2() and use the RSS as criteria to
minimize, my lambda is much smaller that with fitdistr().

I'm happy about any suggestion!

Antje