[R] Confidence interval

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:31:06 CET 2011

Hi,

The logical operators are actually vectorized, so I do not think you
need a loop.  Does this do what you want?

## Some data
set.seed(10)
dat <- matrix(rnorm(500, sd = 3), nrow = 80)

## Hypothetical confidence interval
ci <- c(-5, 5)

## Find the number of points outside interval
sum(dat < ci[1] | dat > ci[2], na.rm = TRUE)

Cheers,

Josh

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Syd88 <jhea2850 at uni.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to determine how many points fall ouside the confidence interval
> range.
>
> This is the code I have so far but it does not work. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Count <- vector ()
> for (i in 1: nrow (dataname)){
> if (dataname[i] <l.ci.post[1]//
> dataname[i] >u.ci.post[i]){
> count[i] -> 1
> }else
> {count[i] -> 0}
> }
>

> symbol
> // = or - not sure if this is the right symbol though
> --

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles